Saturday, August 1, 2020

August 2020 TBR



Hello again! I hope everyone’s July went well! I finally finished summer school, so I think I’ll be able to read more books this month (and actually get through my TBR for once). I don’t have a lot of new reads planned for this month since I’m going to reread a couple of my favorite series! The (only) new read this month will be a book I’ll be buddy-reading with a friend! I just hope to relax and read some nostalgic books this month :D


Here are the books I plan to read this month!


Books Mentioned:

This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone

Percy Jackson & the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan

Saga Vol. 1-9 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples



─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───


This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone



I’ll be buddy-reading this with a good friend of mine! It’s my first time buddy-reading so I;m really excited! :D I don’t know much about this book except that it involves time travelling, letters, yearning, and rivals-to-lovers? The concept sounds super interesting and I’ve heard good things about this book so I hope it will be a fun read!


Percy Jackson & the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan



In honor of PJO getting a T.V. series, I decided to re-read it! I haven't read this series since elementary school, so I’m interested to see what I will think of the series now as an adult! I’m mainly reading this for enjoyment and nostalgia, so I won’t be going into too much analysis of the plot or writing (and also because this is a middle-grade series). If I finish early I’ll probably try to re-read Heroes of Olympus and start the Trials of Apollo! :D


Saga Vol. 1-9 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples



It’s been a little over a year since I first read Saga and I’m still emo over what happens in the last issue haha :) I might span this re-read over two months since I want to take time to process and think about what happens again in each issue. I think the first time I read it, I sped through it so fast I didn’t have the time and space to really gather my thoughts about each issue. So I want to take my time re-reading this and hopefully relive the feelings I got when I first read it!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It doesn’t look like much, but I realized this month’s TBR is about twice the amount that I read last month :”) Let’s hope I can get through all of it!

- lian

No comments:

Post a Comment