Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 2020 TBR

I have a couple of books I plan to read this month! I probably won't start reading until mid-June, so I might not get through this list but we'll see. Below are the books I plan to read this month with the synopsis and my expectations! :)


Vengeful by V.E. Schwab



I am SO excited to read the sequel to Vicious! I absolutely fell in love with Schwab’s writing style and this series. I enjoyed the plot, the characters, and the world of Vicious; it took a lot of effort to not get through the book in one sitting. I don’t really know much about what the second book will be like but I am very sure it’s going to meet my expectations!



Imagine Me by Tahereh Mafi



This is the last book in the Shatter Me series and wow, has it been such a ride. To be honest, the main reason I began reading this series was simply for Warnette. And almost six books later, I still stand by that. Given the (non spoiler) reviews I’ve seen of Imagine Me, I know this will disappoint like the previous two books! So I have absolutely no expectations going into this book. I will be simply reading this to gain closure for the series and to have a good, final time with Warnette.


Circe by Madeline Miller



No I have not read The Song of Achilles. Yes I will probably read that book after I read this book. I am a woman of simple taste: I see Greek mythology and I read. I am really excited to see how Miller puts her spin on this aspect of Greek mythology, given that her interpretation of Achilles and Patrocles was well done (I know this through osmosis of information from booktubers).


A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara



*chuckles nervously* I don’t really know what I am getting into but I know it will be full of Pain and Misery. I am not ready for it but I gotta read it. I need to destress from school and what better way to do it by reading sad books and crying? Let’s just hope I have motivation to read more books after reading this one. 


The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi




I also have no idea what this book is about except it’s like Six of Crows but not as good?? But I still love heist books and found family, so I’m going to give it a shot! I have heard some mixed reviews, but I hope this book doesn’t disappoint.


I hope I can get through all of these books this month! :)


- lian




No comments:

Post a Comment