Monday, July 6, 2020

My Rating System

Pastel Space Aesthetic Computer Wallpapers - Top Free Pastel Space ...


I say that I have a rating system but I really don’t lmao. I find that how I rate a book depends on what exactly I’m reading the book for and my expectations of that book!


In general, my rating system is:


★☆☆☆☆ 1 star:

I really disliked (and maybe even hate) and did not enjoy reading this book and wish I had never read it. I would not recommend this book to anyone. A 1.25 stars, 1.50 stars, and 1.75 stars rating would mean I still dislike the book and wouldn't recommend it, but there were a few redeeming qualities of this book.


★★☆☆☆ 2 stars:

I don’t dislike the book to the point of it being a 1 star, but I would still not recommend it to anyone. A 2.25 stars, 2.50 stars, and 2.75 stars rating would mean there were a couple of things I liked about the book but overall I still did not enjoy nor like it.



★★★☆☆ 3 stars:

I don’t dislike the book nor do I really like it; it wasn’t necessarily a good or bad book. A straight 3 stars would probably be neutral for me: I enjoyed some parts but there were still some issues I had with the book. I don’t have any attachment to the book’s plot, characters, etc but I still enjoyed it to some degree? A 3.25 stars, 3.50 stars, and 3.75 stars rating would mean I did enjoy it and liked the book a little, but not enough for it to be a 4 star rating. Depending on the book, I would/ would not recommend it to anyone.


★★★★☆ 4 stars:

I liked this book and would probably recommend it! I enjoyed reading it and found the plot, characters, etc to be nice. Although there were a few things that I didn’t like, in the end I still enjoyed reading this book. A 4.25 stars, 4.50 stars, and 4.75 stars rating would mean that this book was pretty good and I am most likely attached to the characters and would do anything for them. I would probably reread these books as well.


★★★★★ 5 stars:

This book is one of my favorites of all time and I would highly recommend this book. The plot, the characters, the world building, the writing are all just *chef’s kiss* There could be some minor issues with the book but it doesn’t matter here because I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and love this book so much!! I would reread them any chance I get haha..


My rating system kind of changes depending on what I’m reading the book for and my expectations of that book. If I’m just reading a book to have a good time (and not really think too deeply about the plot), my ratings would then depend on if I enjoyed reading the book or not. If I’m going into the book with several expectations yet I still want to have a good time, my ratings are going to reflect that. I feel like I shouldn’t really need to explain this since ratings are super objective and more often than not depend on every reading situation, but I still wanted to just clarify my rating system!


- lian


No comments:

Post a Comment