Sunday, May 17, 2020

Series Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas

SERIES REVIEW: The A Court of Thorns and Roses Trilogy by Sarah J Maas


Overall rating: ★★★☆☆ 2.50 stars


This is my first time writing a book/series review, so please bear with me if the structure of the review is a little bit over the place! That said, I am in no way a writer; writing is not my strength and I am trying to improve on writing about my thoughts and feelings through these book reviews. This blog functions as a way for me to improve my writing while also sharing my thoughts about some books I’ve been reading recently! :)

I don’t really know how to cohesively write a series review yet, so I’ll first write my review for each of the three books and then conclude with my thoughts on the series as a whole.

Below are links to each book review (with spoilers).


A Court of Thorns and Roses (Book 1)


A Court of Mist and Fury (Book 2)


A Court of Wings and Ruin (Book 3)


As a whole, I give ACOTAR 2.50 stars out of 5 stars. The relationship development between Feyre and Rhysand, as well as Feyre’s own character development, were what made this series truly enjoyable. The plot was okay, with some twists and turns keeping me interested but not engaged enough. The pacing and writing itself were subpar and detracted much of my enjoyment of reading this series. SJM can build characters and relationships between characters well, but she lacks in other aspects that could’ve made this series much better than it is now. Tbh, A Court of Mist and Fury is the only ACOTAR book in my heart.


- lian


No comments:

Post a Comment